Flag

Flag

Sunday, August 21, 2016

MTC Last Email (7/29/2016)

Hi family,
     Basically two more days here in the MTC and i'm so excited!!!  It's been an amazing experience here and i'm very grateful for what i've learned here. Everything here is going well. The Branch President and the MTC President came to my room one night, and i assumed they were there to give me an assignment or something until they pulled out their wallets and said "How much for that tie?" haha we chatted for a while and told jokes all night then I just gave them whatever ties they wanted lol the next day they came back with all these nice ties for me lol so i have some pretty nice ties now @ tolu and dad! On wednesday I was able to be a host for the new Missionaries and that was such a fun experience, not only because I wasn't the "new guy", but also because I got to leave the MTC for a whole 15 minutes haha I hosted a kid from Tahiti, a kid from Fiji and a girl from australia. That was SUPER cool! The two boys couldn't speak english, but the girl spoke french and fijian so she had to translate for me because my french and fijian is kind of rusty lol so since then, we've been eating lunch with them and hanging out with them as much as we could, and then one day, the girl from australia comes up to me and tells me that the boy from Fiji wants me and Elder Ulu'ave to know that he's been praying for a friend because his only friend back home had passed away, and that when he met us, he knew that his prayers had been answered.
     One morning, we had a knock on our door at 3am...we opened it and it was Elder Latu. He expressed to Elder Ulu'ave and I that he leaves to the airport for Atlanta, Georgia in a few hours and that he was so nervous. We knew something was wrong and so instead of kicking him out (lol) we got up to talk to him and he soon asked for a blessing. Giving a blessing is something that i've always been scared to do, but the spirit was so strong as we gave it and neither of us were nervous do be doing it. When we were done, he told us that he feels a lot better and then we just stayed up till he had to leave. Like i said before, the spirit here at the MTC is amazing! The spirit has you do things and promise things...and when you say it, you KNOW that those actions and those promises aren't coming from you. When they say the Lord speaks through you, it's SO TRUE and i can't wait to be able to feel the spirit in PNG next week!!! There's actually a girl here from PNG and when we told her where we're serving she said "ohhhhh. Make sure you pray a lot." hahaha for some reason, everyone keeps telling us that lol 
     I miss all of you and I hope everyones doing well. I pray for you guys every time i pray, which is about 39 times a day lol I take everyone through the temple with me when i go and i know that the lord will be there for each and everyone of you. A cool quote that Elder Holland said is "There is absolutely NOTHING a group of people can't do, if one of those people is the Lord." I can testify that that's true and that whenever we keep the lord with us in whatever we do, that anything is possible. I love this gospel and I LOVE the spirit that it brings. I love you and i truly am so grateful for the letters, the packages and the prayers that you send my way. TALK TO YOU WHEN I'M IN PNG!!!!

Love,
Elder Pili
 
Elder Pili, Elder Latu (cousin), and Elder Uluave (companion)

Elder Pili's district at the Provo Temple

Sis Tenney and Elder Pili sending his mom a shout out! 

PNG missionaries by the PNG picture at the MTC

Elder Pili, "investigator" Cousin Theo, and Elder Uluave

The companions!  Uluave and Pili

Proud PNG missionaries with the PNG flag

Sis Seiuli, Elder Pili, and Sis Dodd - Purcell cousins
 

Elder Pili with former neighbor, Bro Packer

Elder Pili and Sis Tarawhiti

Purcell Cousins - Pili, Seiuli, and Wilson
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment